Friday, October 14, 2005

Soundtrack of my Life

I've been very busy lately and I welcomed Thor's "exercise." Kala ko madali.... di pala.

If you were to create the sountrack of your life, this would be the song playing when you are...

Lonely Or Down: Magnetic Field’s 100,000 fireflies "I'm afraid of the dark without you close to me." Fleetwood Mac’s Landslide "I'm getting older too." Jackson Browne’s Sky blue and black "I could never see how you doubted me when I’d let go of your hand." Beautiful South’s Hold on to what? Schadenfreude!

In Love: Beth Orton, Someone’s Daughter "I wanna know how it feels to be the sunlight in your hair dancing everywhere." Dido’s White Flag "I will go down with this ship." – a war cry. Heh!

Fighting With Your Significant Other: Aimee Mann’s Momentum. "Even when it’s approaching touture, I’ve got my routine."

Having Sex: Jewel’s Jupiter ALA AKO MAISIP! I don't notice whatever's playing anyway...

Nursing A Broken Heart: Tori Amos’ Hey Jupiter "Nothing's been the same" and Mary Lou Lord’s cover of Magnetic Field’sI don’t want to get over you. Also, Dixie Chick’s Tonight, the heartache’s on me – catty and vindictive yet blue. Pefect for a broken heart.

In Need of Cheering Up: Emm Gryner’s Northern Holiday "I'm gonna drink and forget that you let me go." Kirsty MacColl’s In these shoes? Sugarfree’s Alinlangan "Huwag ka nang matakot sa lungkot" - sigh.

About To Embark On A Road Trip: I daydream of driving with the The Reivers’ playing - particularly Almost Home. But I don’t know how to drive and no car…

Sunbathing On A Tropical Beach: No Doubt’s Undernearth it all and a healthy dose of Bob Marley’s classics.

Feeling Groggy And Need To Wake Up: Liz Phair’s Big tall man and Extraordinary. Supergodess! Rooney’s I’m Shakin’ and Dubstar’s It’s clear.

Feeling Suicidal: Jose Marie Chan – I would jump off a building than listen to more than one song. My brother and I dumped our mother’s Jose Marie Chan’s Christmas album in the trash – she was looking for it and we innocently said we didn’t know where it was.

Angry, Very Angry: Hole’s Violet. Tori Amos’s Precious things "I want to smash their faces" very cathartic.

Singing At The Videoke Bar: Madonna’s Crazy for you. Avril Lavigne’s Complicated.

Dancing By Yourself In Your Room: I have to agree with Dodo: "Dancing With Myself. Billy Idol. There can be only one." – Dodo Dayao

Singing, Dancing And Drunk Off Your Ass: The B-52s – anything.

Playing Air Guitar: Nothing ambitious – it was always the Breeder’s Cannonball - I dream of playing the mean rhythm.

Chilling On A Rainy Afternoon: Beth Orton’s I wish I never saw the sunshine. Fleetwood Mac’s Dreams. Ricki Lee Jone’s Beat Angels. Aimee Mann’s High on Sunday 51. Hay.... Lungkot-lungkutan.

Reminiscing About High School: Fra Lipo Lippi’s Everytime I see you, REM’s The one I love, Redrocker’s China, Gene Loves Jezebel’s Desire, The Alarm’s Absolute reality, Duran Duran’s Wild boys, Spandau Ballet’s Gold, and Debbie Gibson’s Electric Youth!

Reminiscing About College: I spent 70% of my free time hanging out at our college student council playing guitar with the gang –our professors often came by to remind us that we have a class… These were our pretty eclectic favorites: Edie Brickell and the New Bohemian’s Ghost of a dog, 10,000 Maniac’s Like the weather, REM’s Stand, America’s Sister golden hair, Neil Young’s Hey, hey, my, my (into the black), Buklod’s Buhay at bukid, Eraserheads’ Pare Ko, Joey Ayala’s Agila and yes, Bon Jovi’s I’ll be there for you.

Getting Married: If ever there’s a change of plans…. The Postal Service’s Brand new colony. Tori Amos’ Sorta Fairy Tale.

No comments: